Who Are The People You Love?
Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher.
- Oprah Winfrey
Being surrounded by bosses, coworkers and customers you understand, respect and love makes any job better. So, who do you dream of working with on your dream job? Surprisingly, few people take the time to really think through this important aspect when describing their dream job or envisioning their dream business.
A major part of any work, especially dream jobs, is who you will be working for and with. Working with people who rub you the wrong way can make the workplace miserable. But being surrounded by ‘my kinda people' can turn even boring work environments into a fun place to earn a paycheck.
So take a moment and think about it. Who would you love to work around and with? Would it be ...
- newborn babies and infants
- aspiring ballerinas and choreographers
- professional athletes and sports managers
- street performers and sports mascots
- budding physicists and college professors
- journalists and news editors
- antique buyers and flea market hounds
- writers and literary agents
- short order cooks and down to earth waitresses
People who energize and motivate you are the type of people you want to surround yourself with in your dream job or business.
Want to learn more? Try answering these questions.