Teaching Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies Statement
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
- Chinese proverb
Do you dream of doing somehting exquisite with your life, but need a little inspiration by seeing an example of a statement? If so, this before and after example shows how much you can put into words what your dream of doing .. with a little help.
My Before Statement ...
My Vision Statement Ingredients
To transform this basic vision statement into a fully detailed list of teh ingredients of your life's work ... you need to go through a process to reveal all the things, activities, talents, experiences, knowledge, problems, people and places you love. When you do, a detailed list of ingredients emerges ...
Gifts & Talents: What I Am Great At ...
- teaching basic economics
- turning ideas into money
- working in adverse conditions to inspire the basics of capitalism
- sparking the desire for a better life and making a difference
- spotting and helping other people see the possibilites of their "acres of diamonds"
- writing government grants that get funded
- finding market niches for local microbusinesses
- developing fair trade products for modern consumers
Things I Love: What I Want To Work With ...
- profit and loss statements
- income statements
- books about microbusinesses
- native folkdances
- antique pocket watches and compasses
- historical stories about traders and local heroes
- exotic musical instruments
- business plans on the back of a paper napkin
- trade manuals
- companies that offer free trade products
- shipping schedules
Activities I Love: What I Would Love To Get Paid To Do ...
- working with struggling farmers and microbusinesses to help them become profitable
- learning native folklore and tribal dances
- dreaming up ideas to make a village more money
- finding suppliers and customers for new businesses
- solving problems of small business startups
- coaching new entrepreneurs and training new capitalists
- drawing plans and profits in the dirt
- kayaking and water travel up rivers
Places I Love: Where I Would Love To Work ...
- local economies that have potential
- indigenous sheep and llama ranchers
- forests and local sources of sustainable resources that can be used to make and sell things
- overgrazed land and overharvested orchards
People I Love: Who I Would Love To Work With ...
- microbusiness owners
- microbusiness loan officers
- young kids hungry for a better life
- tribal leaders
- travel agents
- grant agencies
- port authorities
- shipping agents
Experiences I Love: What Would Make My Workday Amazing
- helping people make their first paycheck or hire their first employee
- seeing the lightbulb go off when people understand they can make enough money to change their lives and their families
- explaining how to become profitable
- spotting why a busienss is failing and how to turn it around
- seeing the smiles when a tribe or village is thriving
Needs, Problems I Love: What I Would Love To Have An Impact On ...
- turning overwhelmed microbusiness owners into empowered entrepreneurs
- helping end hunger one village at a time by making the economy thrive with microloans and some business knowledge
- helping tribal leaders gain the knowledge to lead their people into the 21st century and world economy
I Was Born To ...